For a really long time now I have struggled with bad knees. I'm not sure exactly where I get that from but it sucks. All throughout highschool in dance and aerobics I always battled with the pain in my knees. Especially the right one. The elliptical machine at the gym never makes my knees hurt. The last few days I have done at least a half an hour on it. A couple days ago after the gym I wanted to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video with Sasha and couldn't do very much of it at all. It hurt my right knee so bad I thought I was going to collapse.
Jayson got home last night at a little after 9 so I was in a hurry to get in my car and get to the gym. I was walking through my garage and slipped on some stupid plastic piece from one of the kids' toys. I fell and where do you think I land.... directly onto my right knee. All of my body weight just crashed down to the cement right on that knee. ummmmm, OUCH! I cried for a minute, had Jayson help me up, dusted off and went to the gym.
needless to say, the Elliptical is my best friend. It's what I'll be doing for most of my workouts for a while. hopefully soon my knees (as well as the rest of my body) will get in better shape and I'll be able to do more.
On another note, I started off so strong the first few days with eating really good. Today, I have had to tell myself to "Put the food down" a few times already. I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't but I was close. It seems to be getting harder instead of easier. Maybe I'm just at a hump that I need to get over. Does it ever get easier? My first real test is going to be Addison's birthday party on Saturday. I love pizza. Like LOVE it. It's probably my favorite food. But, I won't be eating it. It's the salad bar for me.
One day at a time :)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In that case then, I would recommend Pilates for Dummies (with Michelle, oddly enough) as a good workout for at home...should you need it. I alternate between that and Jillian. As far as putting food down, you need to get the bad stuff out of your house! Or at least hide it from plain sight. I'd also stock up on some treats low in calories so you don't feel deprived. It sounds like you're going out, but if you need pizza at home I make it like normal but with a wheat tortilla (cooked on both sides, then topped or baked on a pizza stone in the oven) and it's surprisingly good and fast. You are doing great! Sorry again for always commenting...I just talk a lot haha!
ReplyDelete