Wednesday, April 6, 2011

discouraging

Ok, I said part of blogging my weight loss journey would be so I could vent. well... I am so MAD! I weighed myself Sunday morning when I started and I told myself "michelle, only weigh yourself once a week" but I just couldn't help it this morning so I hopped on the scale. The results...

Starting weight: 204
Today's weight: 204.4

Really?! What the crap? I am really mad right now.

1. because I have been doing really good with eating and exercising.
2. that makes me want to give up. (i won't) but i want to.

Talk about discouraging.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! I'm happy to see your blogging :) Not that I'm like any sort of great expert or anything but I wanted to share what worked for me after I had Jack. I did weight watchers because for me it gave me more freedom to eat my cravings when I had them and I would just make sure I was still within my points. I also started running. I absolutley hated running before and never felt like I was athletic but I signed up for a 5k to make myself accountable and promised myself I would run the entire 3.2 miles. I now love running and totally miss it now that I'm preggers, its such a great stress reliever! I also refrained from doing too much weight lifting so I wouldn't bulk up and add weight. So in short I ran, did interval training (Jillian Michales 30 day shred) and was able to loose the the 18 pounds I needed to very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Hate that! I just read in my Shape magazine that people who weigh in every day are more successful than those that only do it once a week. Who knows? I think a few times a week is a good idea. It helps re-motivate me every day. Oh and I've also heard your weight is a reflection of 80% what you eat and 20% excercise. So even if you don't have time to exercise some days, eating good should take you where you want to be. That's what I hear, at least. And remember (I hate hearing this, but oh well) muscle weighs more than fat, so if you haven't been excercising all along, you may still be losing fat, just gaining muscle that weighs more. I always think my comments are short...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry M....keep with it though, I understand how you feel. I bypassed mcdonalds for dinner after eating really good for like 2 weeks, and still managed to be up half a pound. WTF?!?

    Lots of water to help with water retention and be sure your workouts aren't the same every day or they quit being effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    Our bodies do not give up the weight daily. It happens in a chunk, up to five lbs. That is why you are supposed to only weight once a week. Moreover, you are exercising now and you are building muscle as you are losing fat. Muscle weights more that fat. Don't get discourged. Just keep up the good work. I have faith in you. You can do it and tell yourself everyday, everytime you are tempted to eat something you don't need that "nothing tastes as good as feeling thin and healthy feels".

    ReplyDelete